Today I thought I’d share with you guys, some advice that I would give my younger self, because I know how difficult things can be sometimes, and these things that I would tell my younger self if I had the opportunity to, might help some of you guys with things you’re going through today.
1. “You’ll stop worrying so much about what others think of you, when you realise how seldom they do.” – David Foster Wallace. We’re all so wrapped up in our own lives and battles, that we all too often forget that everyone else is wrapped up in their own. One day this will click for you and your confidence will grow.
2. Wear what makes you comfortable, and don’t care what anyone else thinks.
3. Celebrate your music taste, don’t worry if others don’t share it.
4. Don’t fight your family so much, they’re only trying to ensure the best for you.
5. Your brother is not your arch enemy. You two can be the greatest team.
6. Laugh more. Laugh at everything. Waste no time being embarrassed or nervous, just go for it, you’ll be so glad you did.
7. Unfortunately some things in life are purely there for you to learn a lesson, so learn it and move on.
8. Your friends are one of the greatest things in your life; and they change you for the better.
9. No matter how much you love chicken nuggets, or how hungry you think you are, you cannot eat 3 Happy Meals in one sitting.
10. As cliché as it is, if you don’t ask, the answer is always no.
Those are just some things I would tell my younger self, were I able to. Is there anything you wish you knew when you were younger? Let me know in the comments below!