As September is gradually coming to a close, I am loving all things fall. And to me, that means being snuggled up in cosy jumpers, and being inside beside a fire, with comforting food. And what’s more comforting than home-made cookies?! I’ve got a recipe that is super easy to follow, and within 20 minutes you’ll be enjoying your cookies! So today I’m sharing it with you guys!
100g brown sugar
125g unsalted block butter
1 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp salt
225g Self Raising Flour
200g chocolate (any kind!)
1/2 tsp salt
- Pre-heat oven to 200°c then place the butter and sugar in large bowl and mix well.
- Then add the egg and vanilla essence and mix well again.
- After that, sieve in the flour and salt, be sure to mix and combine well.
- Next cut the chocolate, roughly as finely as you’d like your chocolate chunks to be, for these I cut the chocolate quite fine. Once you’ve decided how fine you’d like your chunks, add them to the mix.
- Once everything is nicely mixed together, roll balls of mixture to about 2cm by 2cm and place on a baking tray with baking parchment on. Be careful not to put the cookies too close together because they will grow a little when cooking.
- Place in preheated oven for 7-10 minutes. Repeat until all cookies are cooked.