I always think it’s interesting to get to see the ‘behind the scenes’ of a blog, getting to know the person and the space that content comes from is just as interesting, if not more, than the content itself. So today I thought I’d give you guys a little insight into my blogging space.
Now because my room is themed black, silver and orange, I have a black desk to remain in-keeping with my room. I’ve labelled the things in this image to make it clearer just what I am talking about.
1. I have speakers plugged into my laptop (though they can also be connected to my tablet, phone or any other device with an audio jack) because I really like listening to music when writing, and also just listening to music to relax or get ready. I’m also really into discovering new music and rediscovering music because I’m working on something really fun for you guys that you’ll get to see really soon!
2. Then I have these amazing post-it-notes (with a colourful pen), they are orange, so very fitting, but also a great way of jotting down any ideas I may have in a random moment, or just to remind me of something I have to do. I also have a hand sanitiser here just beside my speakers because I like to keep my keyboard and tablet screen clean.
3. Here I have a special yearbook made by one of my best friends, it’s filled with pictures and memories from mine and all of my best friends’ entire school lives together and I love it immensely. It helps me if ever I’m stuck in a rut, just to flick through and reminisce.
4. Of course, I have my tablet handy on my desk for when my mind strays and I spend a little bit of time mindlessly scrolling through social media. It is also handy to have another screen open for images or prompts when I’m writing.
5. The epitome of my blogging space, my laptop. This is where everything is detailed, planned, roughly outlined, edited, and finally created in it’s final form.
6. I like to have a candle (preferably scented) lit for when I’m sat at my desk for a long time just to keep the atmosphere warm and relaxed. Obviously in this handy little oil burner because it keeps the flame safely tucked away from everything important.
7. I always have either water or tea next to me when I’m writing. Simply because staying hydrated is always important to keep you feeling awake and creative, but also, if you don’t stay hydrated you’ll only end up mindlessly snacking for the entire time you’re sat at your desk.
8. In this little corner I have a picture of my cats when they were kittens, on the very first day I met them, adorable. Fresh flowers whenever I can get them, a cute little book that was given to me by a very loved one, and a little crystal dish for my jewellery, as I’m forever taking rings and bracelets off and on while I’m writing.
That’s everything I usually have in my blogging area, what do you like to have handy for when you’re writing? Let me know in the comments!